A DAILY WALK
Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 - For by it (faith) the elders obtained a good report.
3 - Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, ( Remember that in Genesis chapter 1 God spoke the world into existance), so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. (God did not use what was here because there was nothing here until He spoke it into existance).
Have The faith of God, God's kind of faith!
Instances of faith: Abel
4. By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice that Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
(Cain, because he had been judged by God as righteous, though now dead, spoke to the heart of God by his righteousness).
5. By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
(If we live until Jesus appears we will know what Enoch knew and that is that he pleased God, for we too will have pleased God, and will be caught up to meet Jesus in the air and ascend unto Heaven to be with God the father and Jesus forever).
6. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
(We as children of God are saved by Grace through Faith. So by faith we believe and please God. So we will be caught up, at the sound of the last trump to forever be with the Lord Jesus and God the father).
7. By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,(loving God) prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
(Noah believed God when he was told by him that a flood was coming and all of the world would be distroyed. Noah saved his three sons, their wives, his wife and two of each animal. It took Noah about three years to build this ark for the coming flood. He was ridiculed, taunted, and scorned each day by his neighbors and all who passed by. He was judged by them to be crazy for building a boat to escape a flood when it had never even rained before. What faith this took on Noah's part. Will we walk in faith as Noah did).
8. By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
9. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10. For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
11. Through faith also Sarah herself received strength to concieve seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
12. Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
13. These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
14. for they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
15. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whece they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
16. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavely: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
18. Of whom it was said, that in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
Brothers our father Abraham showed God his great faith by going out to dwell in a strange land that God had promised him. He also believed God who told him that he would be blessed above all men. So by faith Abraham walked in the promices of God.
Brother we to are to walk in this same faith as we go through this life having faith in our God. For our God is the same God as Abrahams (He changes not). His Holy Word tells us this truth. He was seeking a country and a better city not one made by man but by God. He was seeking a place for his very soul to dwell, that is Heaven itself.
His faith was exercised again when God told him that he would have a son born unto him. Abraham and his wife Sarah had been without child all of their days together. Sarah was in her ninetys and Abraham near one hundred years old when God promised him this thing. They did indeed bear a son who they named
Now this is faith in God.
He was also later told to offer up his only son Issac for a sacrifice which he did. As his only son, on whom he had waited along with his wife Sarah nearly 100 years, His son Isaac lay on the altar that Abraham had made, he drew back his knife to take his only sons life when God stopped him. God said you have proven your love for me, do not harm your son.
Can you even imagine this kind of faith.
Because of Abrahams faith he was given great wealth in land, cattle, goods, etc. God promised him that his seed (which all children of God are) would number more that the stars of the sky in multitude, and more than the grains of sand that are by the sea shore as inumerable.
God himself imparted Abrahams blessings unto us when he gave to us the Abrahamic Covennant. Brothers we walk in these promises today.
Stand before God today with this Blessing of Abraham as yours. Claim it, for God gave it to us.
And not only this Abrahamic covennant but a better Blood Covennant through his son Jesus Christ which is also ours. "Praise God"!
Issac and Jacob
19. Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
20. By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
21. By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.
22. By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.
23. By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the kings's commandment.
24. By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
25. Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
26. Esteeming the reproach of Christ, greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
27. By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
28. Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he sat destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
29. By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.
There are these examples held up for us to see throughout the Old and New Testament.
Brothers in Christ, I ask that we accept these truths of the great men of God exercising their faith in our God.
My assignment from God is to show all of my brothers in Christ Jesus around the world through this ministry that we must be one and love each other.
Jesus prayed to our heavenly Father that we be one as He and Jesus are one so that the world who is lost might see our unity and believe.