GOING THEIR OWN WAY
Brothers, please read along with me in the book of 2 Timothy 3:1-5. Afterwards we will break down each, (difficulty as it was called by Timothy.)
But understand this, that in the last days there will
come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money,
proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving
good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather
than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power.
Avoid such people.
Brothers, look over each characteristic listed below, and try to see someone that you personally know who exhibits this characteristic If you can not put a face with one of the traits exhibited here. Then put the face of the people of this world that you see each day either in person, or on one of the many visual communication devices of this day in which we now live.
The list is as follows:
- Those who love themselves.
- Those who love money and all that they can acquire with it.
- Those who are proud, and believe that they are the very best.
- Those who are arrogant, and refuse to be corrected when wrong.
- Those who are disobedient to their parents.
- Those who are unholy, and walk as the world walks.
- Those who are ungrateful for their blessings, and prosperity.
- Those who are heartless. Who fill no empathy or compassion.
- Those who are unappeasable. Nothing or no one can satisfy them.
- Those who are slanderous, and criticize you and everyone else.
- Those who have no self-control.
- Those who are brutal. They will say and do all things to the extreme.
- Those who do not love good. They pleasure in bad and those who do bad.
- Those who are treacherous. They will lie without reason. Truth is foreign to them.
- Those who are reckless. They hurt by both word and action.
- Those swollen with conceit. They believe that they are the very best at all things, and can do no wrong in their own eyes.
- Those who are lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God. These people give God no mention either in word or action. They are always looking for the next adventure which they will gain pleasure from.
- Having the appearance of Godliness, but denying the power of God from such turn away. Brothers, this is the most dangerous to us Christians.
We are told to turn away from these people. They will appear to be Godly, but are not. These people may set with you in the work place, in the community, and yes even on the same bench with you as you worship on the Sabbath day.
Brothers, these people have the appearance of Godliness. This means that they show up next to you professing to love God. But, they deny God's power.
What does this mean?
Well, they may believe some of what God has said in his Holy Word, our Bible. But, they will pick and choose what to accept as truth from God, and those teachings that misguided well meaning men has taught them as truth, but it is not biblical.
Many believers in this day unfortunately fall into this category. They accept everything that a professed man of God says as being from the bible.
Brothers, these people do not spend time in prayer, asking for God's wisdom to be given them. They do not read the bible while asking the Holy Spirit to teach them.
God has said that if any like wisdom let him ask of God, and He will give him wisdom unabraided, (nothing held back). WOW! God's wisdom will be given to you, but you must ask for it, and then you must receive it as truth. Not man's version of truth, but God's truth.
We are told that we are to turn away from these people who profess either by word or action to be godly, but are not.
Brothers, this does not mean that you are to run from them.
No, on the contrary we are to attempt to witness to them giving them the truth of God's Holy Word.
Then if they continue in their denial of the 'POWER OF GOD', then we should turn away for a season. But, pray for them each and every day. It is our sincere hope that they will see the truth of God's word, and turn away from man made religious tradition and doctrines. Man's tradition is not always Godly.
Look for the above traits in all people, and pray for those who follow after the world.
It is so very late my friends.
God bless you my brothers in Christ Jesus.
HVM - 4517